Analysis Services Health Assessment
Is your company growing and your SSAS server(s) struggling to keep up? Is performance just generally slow and you don’t know why? Was your SSAS server installed and configured for your specific workload patterns using best practices? Do you even know the answer to these questions?
SSAS is a very complicated and VERY expensive technology, but you don’t have to hire a huge consulting firm or in-house staff to maximize your investment.
We Know Analysis Services. Let us Assess Yours!
- 35-point Inspection
- Installation & Configuration Review
- Workload Performance Analysis
- Prioritized Action Plan Deliverable
We’ve been down in the trenches, won the hard-fought battles, and lived to tell a few hilarious (in a geek way) client stories (don’t worry, we never name names). This is what we do…day-in, day-out, year after year, client after client. We know what problems to look for and how to treat them, so that YOU can get back to doing you.
You should consider using this service if…
- you want peace of mind your SSAS server(s) are healthy and optimized
- you want confidence your implementation follows best practices
- you can’t afford to hire an in-house SSAS expert *
- you want to be made aware of any bottlenecks (current or potential) with actionable recommendations **
* or bring in a big name consulting firm with an army of college grads billing nose-bleed rates!
** you’d be surprised how many folks prefer to keep their head in the sand about this type stuff
This service is not for you if…
- you’re confident that best practices were followed during implementation
- you already aware of current (and future) bottlenecks and have a prioritized plan to address them
- you already have a SSAS expert working for you
- you don’t feel comfortable receiving constructive feedback and actionable recommendations
How does it work?
It’s actually quite simple…
We’ll start off with a quick introductory call during which we’ll establish remote access, setup our custom light-weight traces, collect a few configuration details and ask you (and your team) a few questions about the environment.
48 hours later we show back up, shutdown our traces, collect the log files, and take everything back to our secure lab environment. We run everything through our custom data processing utility which identifies common configuration issues, resource bottlenecks, and a whole bunch of performance-related workload statistics.
We close out with a review call with you (and your team) to discuss our findings, walk-through the prioritized recommendations, and answer any questions the team may have about anything in the report or SSAS in general.
What are the deliverables?
The ultimate deliverable is a comprehensive report containing all of our findings and a list of actionable recommendations categorized by “level of effort” and “expected benefit” to help you and your team with prioritization. Portions of the report are interactive (via Power BI files) which will be used during the delivery meeting to highlight and explain performance problems and resource bottlenecks.
This document will be delivered in advance of the final meeting giving you (and your team) time to review beforehand.
I don’t have much time. What’s my level of involvement?
Here’s what we’ll need from you (short-answer not much):
- an introduction to your team and a high-level overview of your environment
- remote access to the SSAS server(s) and login credentials with enough permissions to run our traces and collect the information we need
- stay in touch during the process, in case any questions arise
- follow up meeting to review our findings and recommendations, discuss any problem areas uncovered during the process
How much does this cost and how long will it take?
Thanks to our automated collection and custom data processing utility, we’re able to offer this incredible service at only $987 per server instance.
Once payment is received, we’ll find a time that works for both of us and get you on the schedule. The turnaround time from the first meeting to report delivery is typically 72 hrs.
I’m interested! How do we get started?
Simple. Just send us an email briefly describing your environment, availability for a quick call, and direct contact info and we’ll start the process.
Details that are helpful: number of server instances, type of server instances (i.e. tabular or multidimensional)
Not ready for an official SSAS health check yet?
No problem. If you have questions that haven’t been answered, shoot us a quick email and we’ll respond as soon as possible.